The past two summers I have had the opportunity to travel to Paris…which has quickly become one of my favorite city’s I have traveled to. I put together a list of my favorite places to visit, shop and eat. Where is your favorite place you’ve been?!
1. Effiel tower: Do I ever need to mention this?! I highly recommended going to the top, I took the stairs…all three hundred something of them…there is an elevator as well but beware of the long line. If you’re feeling adventurous there is another elevator that goes to the very top. I opted to climb to the top in the evening, the shadow of the tower was casting over the buildings and the view was breathtaking. Every night when the sun goes down the tower sparkles so grab a bottle of wine, relax and take it all in.
2. Arc de Triomphe: One of Paris’ famous monuments, located right off of the beautiful Champs-Élysées. The views from the top of the Arc are beautiful…a lot less stairs to climb than the top of the tower. To get to the Arc you cannot cross the street, you must cross through a tunnel entrance off of the Champs-Élysées.
3. The Louvre Museum: The home of the Mona Lisa. I never realized how huge this museum was until I got lost…multiple times. You could easily spend a week admiring all the priceless art. Helpful tip: if you want to see the Mona Lisa, get to the Louvre before they open (there probably will already be a line forming) to ensure you can see the painting before the massive crowds. Check out the Tuileries Garden right across from the Lourve, they are a peaceful spot for an afternoon stroll.
4. Notre Dame: One of Paris’ most famous landmarks with stunning gothic architecture. This past summer when I went I learned the hard way…after awaiting in the long line…that you cannot enter if your shoulders are not covered (should have known better). Thought I would mention it incase anyone goes during the hot summer months!
5. Champs-Élysées: The most beautiful street I have ever been on, this tree lined street is the perfect spot for people watching, shopping and grabbing a bite to eat…all my favorite things!
1. Cafe de Flore: I’m sure you’ve seen snap shots of this picture perfect cafe all over Instagram. It is one of the oldest coffee houses in Paris, located in the heart of the 6th arrondissement. It’s a great place to sit, sip on a coffee and people watch (one of my favorite things to do ;] ) or enjoy a delightful lunch.
2. Ladurée: Known for their famous macaroons. I highly recommend the salted caramel, its delicious!
3. Le Relais de l’Entrecôte: My number one food recommendation. There is no menu…only one dish served: Steak and fries. They are most known for the unforgettable “green sauce” on the steak, boy is it delicious! Come hungry because you get one portion and then they come back with more. Grab a bottle of their red house wine and enjoy!
Paris is known for the amazing shopping, almost every street you turn down there’s shops.
1. Rue Cambon: This picturesque street is famous for the location of the very first Chanel store and CoCo Chanel’s apartment. This is the only Chanel store that has white bags, fun fact for all those Chanel lovers 😉.
2. Avenue Montaigne: This is a designer lovers dream street. There is Chanel, Celine, Fendi all beside each other with their picture perfect exteriors.
3. Galeries Lafayette: The prettiest department store I have ever step foot in. If your a make up lover this will be paradise, the bottom floor is filled with makeup counters from Saint Laurent, Chanel and Tom Ford. The food court is also a great place for a quick bite.