Many of my weekends are spent strolling through the streets of SOHO, one of my absolute favorite places. There is no shortage of restaurants in this lively area, making it hard to narrow down a good place to eat. Below are my favorite spots that I have frequently visited and recommend:
1. Dominique Ansel: Home of the infamous “cronut.” If you haven’t heard of a cronut it is a hybrid between a croissant and donut. Each month the bakery releases a new flavor, I have yet to come across one I haven’t loved. There is no shortage of unique pastries, such as cookie shots and frozen smores. Enjoy all the delicious treats the bakery has to offer in the charming backyard garden.
189 Spring Street
2. By Chloe: If all vegan food tasted this good, I’d go vegan in a second! I highly recommend the guac burger and their mac and cheese. There is often a crowd and little seating, if it’s a nice day take it to go and enjoy at Petrosino Square (small park) around the corner.
240 Lafayette Street
3. French Block Cafe: This aesthetically pleasing cafe is the perfect spot to grab a coffee and a (chocolate) croissant after a long day of walking.
201 Lafayette Street
4. Jack’s Wife Freda is a bustling bistro serving American-Mediterranean cuisine offering breakfast, lunch and dinner. I decided to try something different, the green shakshuka, it was delicious! I’ve also had the Madame Freda, another great dish. If you want to experience a different type of cuisine, this is a go to.
224 Lafayette Street
5. Egg Shop: One of my absolute favorite brunch spots. There are plenty of morning friendly cocktails to chose from. The line gets pretty long so come early and come hungry. Try the ‘hot chix’ and the hash browns, you won’t be disappointed!
151 Elizabeth Street
6. Ladurée: A little piece of Paris right in New York, this upscale French bakery specializes in delectable pastries. Stop in for one of their famous macaroons or enjoy a Parisian inspired lunch. Step into the impeccably decorated dining room and feel like you have been transported to Paris.
398 W Broadway
If you have any recommendations please let me know! Always looking for a new spot to try 🙂