Quarantine has brought out the baker in everyone. I keep seeing banana bread, cakes, so many desserts all over social media needless to say my mouth was water watering. I tried to get my hands on the Pilsbury cinnamon rolls because I’m not the best at baking (aka there’s a flour storm all over the kitchen) but they were no where to be found. I came across a few homemade recipes and decided to tweek them, below is what I came up with: easy and delicious. (If I can make it anyone can) Happy baking!
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons white sugar
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt (used slightly less)
• 3 tablespoons butter, softened
• 3/4 cup milk
• 1 egg
• 1/2 cup white sugar
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon (slightly more)
• Small amount of melted butter
Cream Cheese Frosting:
• 1 cup confectioners’ sugar (powder sugar)
• 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 1/4 cup butter, softened
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush a 9-inch square baking dish with melted butter.
• Dough: Whisk flour, white sugar, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl. Mix in the softened butter into flour mixture using your hands. Beat milk and egg together in another bowl then pour & stir the wet ingredients into flour mixture with a rubber spatula until dough forms
• Create a floured work surface and roll dough into rectangle
• The filing: Whisk white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Sprinkle 1/2 of the cinnamon sugar mixture in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Then add in melted butter into the remaking mixture to make a ‘paste’. Add filing onto the rolled out dough. Roll dough around filling to form a log
• Use dental floss (wrap around the log-trust me!) to cut into rolls – the floss works better than using a knife
• Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
• Icing: Beat confectioners’ sugar, cream cheese, softened butter and vanilla extract together in a bowl until frosting is smooth.
• Let rolls cool for about 2 to 5 minutes and top with cream cheese frosting
(This recipe should make 18 rolls but decided to cut them a little bigger)
3 thoughts on “Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Recipe”
yummm so tempting
LikeLiked by 1 person
They were delicious 😋
LikeLiked by 1 person
They look really good!